+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

i have a clownfish that is currently in rough shape. Unfortunately his tank mate a tailspot blenny was NOT friendly. I have removed the blenny and the clown is now rolling Han Solo. The clown is looking rough with popeye in one eye, ragged fins, and just generally looks beat up. Its still eating and swimming just fine.

I’m curious if I should try using a medication like kanaplex or just let things run its course and hope he heals up.

Any advice to get his health back to baseline?

71E8571E-6DB6-4EF1-A4BC-6797A4976F0A.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

i have a clownfish that is currently in rough shape. Unfortunately his tank mate a tailspot blenny was NOT friendly. I have removed the blenny and the clown is now rolling Han Solo. The clown is looking rough with popeye in one eye, ragged fins, and just generally looks beat up. Its still eating and swimming just fine.

I’m curious if I should try using a medication like kanaplex or just let things run its course and hope he heals up.

Any advice to get his health back to baseline?

View attachment 2866165

Hi, since it is eating, I'd be inclined to see if it heals on its own. If you want to try an antibiotic, you really should dose that in a treatment tank, not your display. I would use Neoplex over Kanaplex.

Jay

OP
OP
soreefed

soreefed

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, since it is eating, I'd be inclined to see if it heals on its own. If you want to try an antibiotic, you really should dose that in a treatment tank, not your display. I would use Neoplex over Kanaplex.

Jay
Thanks for the advice! I was leaning just going hands off to see how it does. I’ll keep that in mind. I’m assuming the meds can have an adverse affect on other things in the tank

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back