Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I improve on my aquascape. I feel as though it looks ok but I want it to be better...
IMG_20210710_121620838~2.jpg
any ideas?

Corals.com

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make more 'bridges'/'caves'. I would vary the heights a little more - and perhaps separate the 'mounds' into 3 distant areas. rather than one large area. Part of these suggestions are based on what I'm assuming you're putting in the tank (i.e. you're planning to have coral growing into the upper third of the tank). All in all - I like the more minimalist look. In the end - I think you might want more hiding spots for fish, etc - and it eventually comes down to what you like. You could easily leave it the way it is - depending on what else you put in the tank

BRS
OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make more 'bridges'/'caves'. I would vary the heights a little more - and perhaps separate the 'mounds' into 3 distant areas. rather than one large area. Part of these suggestions are based on what I'm assuming you're putting in the tank (i.e. you're planning to have coral growing into the upper third of the tank). All in all - I like the more minimalist look. In the end - I think you might want more hiding spots for fish, etc - and it eventually comes down to what you like. You could easily leave it the way it is - depending on what else you put in the tank
I am trying to make hiding spots for the fish. Should I get some more dry rock? The big mound on the left has alot of spaces for fish to go into. The right one not so much. And I made a little arch/ hole towards the left of the middle.

OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to make hiding spots for the fish. Should I get some more dry rock? The big mound on the left has alot of spaces for fish to go into. The right one not so much. And I made a little arch/ hole towards the left of the middle.
I am also nervous that the rocks may fall and break the glass.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried that, brother said it looked like a d**k. So I tore it apart.
I would use a 3 rocks. that are somewhat thicker than what I'm picturing you're brother was commenting on.....

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back