+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
silicone product question.

So I have a full tube of this imperial brand silicone. Says clear silicone and it’s gonna be used for a few small rockscape pieces(if it’s safe of course)

Anyone use this? Can a pro chime in?

Here’s a pic

1B4438AF-7D24-4687-A03E-79E17E92B168.jpeg image.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
silicone product question.

So I have a full tube of this imperial brand silicone. Says clear silicone and it’s gonna be used for a few small rockscape pieces(if it’s safe of course)

Anyone use this? Can a pro chime in?

Here’s a pic

View attachment 3104185 View attachment 3104186
Not familiar with that band of silicone, but the FDA rating is the same as other silicone that is acceptable for aquarium use.

The issue with that is that does not include submersion in SW or if it leaches things when submerged.

With that said and looking at SDS, I would not use it. I would pick up some other type of silicone that is listed as aquarium safe. For example, Loctite silicone (link below) is aquarium safe (not for joining glass panes per them) and works great for affixing rocks together.

OP
OP
Mechano

Mechano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with that band of silicone, but the FDA rating is the same as other silicone that is acceptable for aquarium use.

The issue with that is that does not include submersion in SW or if it leaches things when submerged.

With that said and looking at SDS, I would not use it. I would pick up some other type of silicone that is listed as aquarium safe. For example, Loctite silicone (link below) is aquarium safe (not for joining glass panes per them) and works great for affixing rocks together.

Thanks! Yeah I wasn’t gonna use this stuff unless there was several ppl confirming they have used it with success.
I just order the aquarium safe mixture brand. Thanks

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back