shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just an idea i had now that i have a 3d printer
& love textured back walls/ reef wall scapes
picture this

3d printed back wall (multiple sections depending on printer size) of a cool scape with some parts jutting out or small caves
then using a safe adhesive (not sure which) to put super fine grain sand over that with regular sand/ small rock and coral bits mixed in to make it look more natural

how doable it is im not sure but i think the idea itself sounds really cool and would probably be easiest for standard size tanks and AIO

mh0ward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would probably be easier and look better to just take some dry rock and form it how you want, then cut and sand one side smooth, drill some holes on the flat side, epoxy magnets into the hole, and fix it to the back wall with magnets. There are frag holders like this.

OP
OP
shcrimps

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would probably be easier and look better to just take some dry rock and form it how you want, then cut and sand one side smooth, drill some holes on the flat side, epoxy magnets into the hole, and fix it to the back wall with magnets. There are frag holders like this.
my only issue with that is the magnets get quite pricey & i figured weight wise it would be significantly less like this
really only practical sense i see doing this over just foam is so you have guaranteed features you want but even then would probably be easy to re shape the foam to do the same or just foam bigger/ branch rocks into it

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back