+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I started on the saltwater aquarium hobby about a year ago with a cheap 10 gallon tank from Petco an some live rock from a LFS. I instantly wanted to upgrade, and so I found this guy selling a whole setup (a 74 gallon) on Facebook for a really good price and I decided to buy it. I instantly regretted it since I didn't have enough space for it, so I decided to sell the tank and keep all the equipment. I then downgraded to a drilled Nuvo 20 and used all the equipment from the 74 gallon. I was still a beginner and didn't understand a lot of things of the hobby so I decided to sell it and get an AIO. The AIO I went for was a Waterbox 20. It was the perfect tank for what I wanted it. Then my landlord found out about the tank and told me that anything over 10 gallons needs renter's insurance and pay a non-refundable $250 deposit and then pay $25 a month for the "pet". So I decided to downgrade and I purchased a used IM Fusion 10 with the white stand and I wanted to share my progress of the build here.

Equipment so far:
-Kessil A360X Tuna Blue
-MP10
-IM media basket
-IM desktop skimmer
-Apex Pro + DOS
-The rest is stock

Current Livestock (added a week ago)
-Frostbite Clownfish
-Blacker Ice Clownfish
-Green Ricordea Florida
-Some clean-up crew

Current Plan
-Start using ATI Elements Pro
-Add GSP in the back wall, a candy cane, a pavona, a mushroom, a chalice, and some zoas

The pictures are not the best, but this is what I currently have

Any advice or help would be appreciated or just tag a long for the build progress.

IMG_5284.PNG IMG_5700.jpg IMG_5782.jpg IMG_5783.jpg IMG_5768.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Giantclownfish

Giantclownfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Ordered the ATI Elements Pro, and a CO2 Scrubber.

Does anyone have any advice on raising PH? At night its going down to about 7.6.

Also, when I got the ricordea I just hit acclimation on my Kessil controller and it does a 7 day acclimation period. Is it necessary? I was planning on buying a coral per week and I don't want the corals that are previously in the tank to start acclimation again.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back