Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently deployed and my my APEX is on the fritz, I think.

Looking at the data log and it stopped recording events a week ago. The last thing that shows is the heaters going off around 3 am if i remember correctly.

My current problem is that I am not able to see any graphs (temp, ph, salinity, amps, etc), my trident has stopped testing ( I can do manual test), my dos has stopped dosing, and I am sure other things that I can not see due to me being deployed. (Currently in Korea, tank is in Virginia).

Things I have done to try to resolve the issue has been to do the update, reboot the apex and shut power down to the tank and turn it back on. All with no joy. Currently I can manual dose cal and alk and I can do the manual tests.

Are there any other ideas that anyone has? My wife is there with the tank, but she is only my eyes in this situation and she has done a great job the 5 months I have been away. Only have a month left. Any help will be appreciated.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently deployed and my my APEX is on the fritz, I think.

Looking at the data log and it stopped recording events a week ago. The last thing that shows is the heaters going off around 3 am if i remember correctly.

My current problem is that I am not able to see any graphs (temp, ph, salinity, amps, etc), my trident has stopped testing ( I can do manual test), my dos has stopped dosing, and I am sure other things that I can not see due to me being deployed. (Currently in Korea, tank is in Virginia).

Things I have done to try to resolve the issue has been to do the update, reboot the apex and shut power down to the tank and turn it back on. All with no joy. Currently I can manual dose cal and alk and I can do the manual tests.

Are there any other ideas that anyone has? My wife is there with the tank, but she is only my eyes in this situation and she has done a great job the 5 months I have been away. Only have a month left. Any help will be appreciated.
Have you tried cycling the internet connection/router?

Other than that, I'd be calling an LFS familiar with Apex to have a look.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not see if Neptune can remote in and take a look?
I am afraid that they may do something that my wife may not be able to handle fixing. Right now everything is functional, to a point. I am having to manually dose, and test with the trident. There are a few other things that I have noticed as well, but is not detrimental at this point. If it holds off another month I will be home and can get another Apex set up.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did she try to reboot the Apex manually?
Not sure if that would even help. I assume you don't have reefing friends in the area.
Maybe a member in a local club can help? Or a member here?
IDK
We have a store owner that for sure would come over and take a look if we needed. Just dont want to cash in that I-O-U just yet. Also, we have manually tried to reset it with no joy.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you have control f the tank, but just that your automation is off line. Why can't you continue to dose and test manually until you get home in a month?
This is what I am doing. When I initially discovered the issues I was freaking out a bit, but have since calmed down a bit and I am making things happen. I have all intentions of keeping control of the tank, but if duty calls I may not have cell/internet where ever I go.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am doing. When I initially discovered the issues I was freaking out a bit, but have since calmed down a bit and I am making things happen. I have all intentions of keeping control of the tank, but if duty calls I may not have cell/internet where ever I go.

First, I want to say thank you for all you are doing for this country. If I lived closer, I'd be happy to take a look in person.

Is there a local reef club in you area? Maybe we could reach out and see if they can take a look for you?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am afraid that they may do something that my wife may not be able to handle fixing. Right now everything is functional, to a point. I am having to manually dose, and test with the trident. There are a few other things that I have noticed as well, but is not detrimental at this point. If it holds off another month I will be home and can get another Apex set up.
I’ve had them remote in several times to fix problems. No issues with them whatsoever.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,

My apex finally went completely out. I was not able to get on the app nor computer to do anything. Most everything was working, as I am assuming it was working from the cloud, however there were things coming on that were not normally on.
Gave the wife options, which was to just turn it off and when I get home in early June I would get it back up and running and deal with the situation, or we get a new apex and I try to walk her thru everything to get it back up and running. I hate adding additional stress to her however she choose to get the new apex. Bless her heart! Love the woman to death!!
With the new apex she was able to get it, set up the Wi-Fi, and I was able to get online here in Korea. We one by one took the cords from the old brain, and plugged them into the new brain. Starting with the orp, salinity and ph. Once those were done, she took the 1 usb cord and plugged it in. From there it was a mad rush to get all the new plugs turned off so that nothing was on when it shouldn’t be. I then spent the rest of the night, her day, programming the plugs back to where they should, finishing up early yesterday afternoon.

I am glad to report that everything is back online, and I am sitting pretty good for sure. I am suspecting that the old units SD card is the culprit in this situation. Hoping that this info can help someone in the future.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back