+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone tried this tiny roller? Tiny Roller
After having a roller on my 150g tank when I had it I really dont want to hassle with socks and filter media again. At the moment its almost every day to switch my media out, maybe two at best. Then again im not sure how long this tiny roller will last on a roll...

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

laconic

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree its a bit much for a bit of laser cut plastic and some bits. Im still on the fence for the price but the ease of maintenance is pushing me to buy one.
Wow now there is something else I need

Baka Mop

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a roller for my IM 15g made by ISeaLive. It's less than half the price of that one and I think it looks much sleeker, because it comes with a top cover to keep the rolls protected and help with the smell coming from the used portions. The smaller form factor also allows for a little bit of room at the bottom of the overflow section for some media or carbon. It's manually operated, but he said he designed it in a way that allowed it to be fully automated once he gets around to designing a motor and sensor system for it, which he's planning to do soon. You can also choose the color you want. He has a video documenting the entire design process.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's automated it would make all the difference. Everything else I've seen requires manual advancement.
From what I can see its full auto. Manual is ok but I dont want to turn the thing every day little by little.

dangles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a roller for my IM 15g made by ISeaLive. It's less than half the price of that one and I think it looks much sleeker, because it comes with a top cover to keep the rolls protected and help with the smell coming from the used portions. The smaller form factor also allows for a little bit of room at the bottom of the overflow section for some media or carbon. It's manually operated, but he said he designed it in a way that allowed it to be fully automated once he gets around to designing a motor and sensor system for it, which he's planning to do soon. You can also choose the color you want. He has a video documenting the entire design process.

I will buy the IM 50 version the minute it’s released! I don’t care about the “manual rotation.” It’s not a lot to ask for the rest of the convenience. And the price!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back