Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

One of my first corals was this small bright yellow square with black dot
1000006424.png
s. I know it was a hard coral. I had a paly toxin problem that killed all my sps and I lost it. The lfs I purchased it from thinks it was montipora but they can't remember the name. It was vibrant yellow and I loved it and would love to replace it. It was encrusting slowly. This is the best picture I have sorry. Any ideas as what it was? Ive never seen it for sale again anywhere

chip shop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t branch I’d look them up and see if you can pick the one you had out as there’s a lot of different colours/names

OP
OP
C

cbnspanky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t branch I’d look them up and see if you can pick the one you had out as there’s a lot of different colours/names
Yep you're right, that's the one! Thank you I've looked all over for yellow monti and had given up

raythereefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I replied to the wrong person, lol. It's the spongodes. Thanks so much for the ID!
You should start to see some branching before too long if it is mine has grown a lot in around 9 months and is around the size of the palm of my hand now. Has grown in to a cup like shape hard to see it hidden behind my monti cap. Really nice corals I've not seen another since getting mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_224209_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_224209_Gallery.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240907_224627_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_224627_Gallery.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
C

cbnspanky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should start to see some branching before too long if it is mine has grown a lot in around 9 months and is around the size of the palm of my hand now. Has grown in to a cup like shape hard to see it hidden behind my monti cap. Really nice corals I've not seen another since getting mine
Nice! I'm hoping to find another one one day. We have a coral show coming in 2 weeks so fingers crossed I run into one. Thanks again?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back