Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I'm new to reef keeping and I'm at the stage of buying sifferent new small frags. I have about a dozen so far mostly all zoas. and place them on the sand initially and until I have decided where I'm going to put them. But I've lost a few now from my hermits especially clumsy big halloween hermits breaking off polyps etc by been all over them .
So I'm looking for like some sort of tray or something that I could sit them all on that's attached to the glass so not on the ground and the hermits not climbing all over them. I've seen some type trays with suckered for the glass but the trays have holes in but the frags I get are not them type they are just the plain white square frags. so any idea on what type of tray etc I could get any links would be helpful. Also I'm looking for as cheap as possible nothing fancy and over priced.

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could make yourself something with acrylic sheets from a hobbie shop or lowes or buy the kind with the hole and place them on and hope for the best. Ps magnetic ones are better suction cups don’t hold well

BRS
OP
OP
R

rocknurworld

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done a few of this style. Make sure the glass is clean and the suction cups should be fine. I also used two suction cups on the short side.
thanks for this I will try this . see how it's the square frags I have and not like the circular ones with the long but you can put through the holes which will hold the frags . Will the squareones that would just be sitting on top of that shelf possibly move about and fall off it? is there anyway you can think of kind of securing them so they don't move but obviously we don't want to glue them on it or anything.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back