Ideas for an inexpensive lid for Waterbox 40.2??

BRS

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a Waterbox 40.2 and would like to get a lid for it without dropping $150+ on a kraken lid / clearview lid. Any ideas for a lid that would work for my tank area not including the rear area so like 23.5” left to right and 18.5” front to back? ‍♂️

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a Waterbox 40.2 and would like to get a lid for it without dropping $150+ on a kraken lid / clearview lid. Any ideas for a lid that would work for my tank area not including the rear area so like 23.5” left to right and 18.5” front to back? ‍♂️

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Consider a pvc pipe frame wrapped in black screen material. You can use zip ties for the screen and make it look very clean. There are many colors of pvc pipe and also easy to paint. If you stick with white you can use a cleaner to make the pipe shine like no tomorrow. Have fun....it's a hobby:)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping for something kinda like the innovative marine diy lid kits, something sleek like that.
Maybe screen door framing and paint it black? That's more low profile. Check your local hardware store.

simprss

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

If you haven't found a lid yet and are good with DIY stuff, google "diy lid for aquarium" and watch some videos. If you think you can do that and would be happy with the results then I would start looking around for what kit, pieces, or parts you want. Red Sea has stronger rails, I prefer there rail holders personally, Neat Aquatics has the feeding circle and some nice corners, and BRS has a bit of everything in there kit.

Here is what I ended up with on my first try, still have a few more to make.

1684355230903.png

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back