Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frag back in August and noticed a few, what I think are, some type of clove polyp.
It hasn't spread much, at least not yet, but I'm trying to ID it and figure out if it's something to worry about.
They're fairly small and sort of a mauve color with white 'lines' down the center. They don't pulse or move on their own but they do appear to retract a bit if I pole at them.

They're in an awkward spot in the tank making it hard to get a decent picture. Despite how it looks, these pictures were taken with the lights set to white and a flashlight on them.

I'm thinking they're just normal 'clove polyps'.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
J

Joe31415

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal clove polyps are invasive. Do what you want with them but i would favor that favia over them lol.
I don't want them, that's why I'm trying to figure out if they're going to take over the tank in a week or if they're just going to slowly spread over time.

If they're going to take over, I'll just pluck them out while it's still manageable. I've got nearly about dozen anemones, I really don't need anything else invasive.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want them, that's why I'm trying to figure out if they're going to take over the tank in a week or if they're just going to slowly spread over time.

If they're going to take over, I'll just pluck them out while it's still manageable. I've got nearly about dozen anemones, I really don't need anything else invasive.
A week isnt a very long time for anything except algae to really take over. Those cloves will do it slowly.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back