Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by Top Shelf after work today to see two staff members feeding a very large bristle worm to an undulated trigger and they gave the rest of them to me for free. Not sure what species they are but wondering if they’ll cause problems for any of my fish or inverts. Don’t think they’re fire worms but not sure if it’s a good idea to throw them in. My autofeeder dumps 5 times a day and I could use all the detritivores I can get. I could also throw them in with the chaeto in my sump, plenty of detritus in there too.

7950C11E-FCB3-43A3-8229-40ADF108EDF2.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by Top Shelf after work today to see two staff members feeding a very large bristle worm to an undulated trigger and they gave the rest of them to me for free. Not sure what species they are but wondering if they’ll cause problems for any of my fish or inverts. Don’t think they’re fire worms but not sure if it’s a good idea to throw them in. My autofeeder dumps 5 times a day and I could use all the detritivores I can get. I could also throw them in with the chaeto in my sump, plenty of detritus in there too.

View attachment 2854691
I have a couple in my tank also. Came in with KP Aquatics live rock. Never seen them bother fish or coral but man they are huge. Pretty active at night and one shares a burrow with my yellow watchman goby.

Top Shelf Aquatics

uhgster1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are your run of the mill bristle worms. Most people rarely see how big they get until they tear down their tank after a few years. I had one in my 65 gallon that was almost a foot long. I thought it was a fireworm at first.

OP
OP
C

ChaetoFarm_Kai

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are your run of the mill bristle worms. Most people rarely see how big they get until they tear down their tank after a few years. I had one in my 65 gallon that was almost a foot long. I thought it was a fireworm at first.
Yeahh thought so, found a clump of nearly identical ones in the impeller of an old AC return pump that came in my used waterbox’s sump. Did a little googling and threw em on in.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FM
Back