Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this blasto during World Wide Coral's anniversary sale two weeks ago. After one week I noticed a red egg / growth appear on the base of the coral. The egg / growth in question is round, large enough to stick out from the base of the coral slightly, and has a small white thing protruding from the center of it. A few days ago a second one appeared right next to it.

Does anyone know what this egg / growth is? I can attempt to take better pictures if necessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Coral Eggs ID.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Alexopora

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this blasto during World Wide Coral's anniversary sale two weeks ago. After one week I noticed a red egg / growth appear on the base of the coral. The egg / growth in question is round, large enough to stick out from the base of the coral slightly, and has a small white thing protruding from the center of it. A few days ago a second one appeared right next to it.

Does anyone know what this egg / growth is? I can attempt to take better pictures if necessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 2236129
It’s going to be difficult to identify from this picture alone. Could you move the blasto closer to the glass and take a picture with your white lights on? Its too blue to identify clearly.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is a qt so always be on the lookout for anything, but if its a new frag so it might have been the only one.
When in doubt i always just say to remove whatever it is because the chances of it being something beneficial are not nearly as high as it being a pest.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Biota Marine Life
Back