View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TEST RESULTS

Hello,

I have a 90-gallon SPS tank that has been running for over two months seeded rock from a 1-year and 6 month system. i dose tropic Marin AFR. i do a water change every 3 weeks at 10% with Tropic Marin pro reef salt

i keep my tank at around
salinity at 1.025 ( i believe that the tank was around 1.023/24 gravity at the time of taking icp sample and since then has been fixed) I'm gonna bump to 1.026
Temp: 77.0-78.0
Alk: 6-12 Dkh
Cal: 400-450
Mag:1380-1450
PH: 8.10-8.30
NO3: 14ppm
PO4: 0.01
trident.jpg

For dosing, i put tropic marin AFR into the tank and that fix's my calcium and alkalinity but my magnesium i have to spot dose because the mag won't rise up in the tank. this might be because my tank may consume more mag and the all-for reef keeps it from moving. I'm not sure tho. i use red sea magnesium powder and mix it with RO/DI.

Macros:
potassium- Deficient
Sodium- Deficient
Chlorine-Deficient
---------------------------------------------------------
should i dose potassium?

as for sodium, i don't think that's a problem because i have increased my salinity since then

Not sure why but chlorine is showing up does anyone know the fix for this? i had the same macro deficiency in my last ICP.
------------------------------------
Trace and minor elements:
Molybdenum-deficient
Nickel-Deficient
Manganese-deficient (Not detected)
Rubidium-deficient
Selenium-elevated
Lithium-Elevated
-----------------------------------------------
I am dosing Tropic Marin AFR twice daily and says it has all of the trace elements in it. i don't doubt it but does this mean my corals are consuming these elements more? follow-up question is what product to use to dose this?

Selenium and lithium are elevated. should i be worried or just leave it?
------------------------------------------------

Contaminants:

Aluminum: elevated it says optimal levels are 0.020 but 0.124. would this be something that is leeching? i got a BRS heater that's titanium and a protein skimmer and some probes for Neptune and an extra PH probe. and that's about it. not sure what to do about this
cesium: elevated( elevated by 0.02) not really worried about this because its right above normal limits into an elevated level
Cadmium: elevated

any help would be great. thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for sodium, i don't think that's a problem because i have increased my salinity since then

Not sure why but chlorine is showing up does anyone know the fix for this? i had the same macro deficiency in my last ICP.
------------------------------------

That would have come up when you increases salinity

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your alkalinity swing that much with the dosing?
no. it stays about 7.25 and 8.25. if it goes up to 12.0 that's the max limit id want it at but to answer your question i make sure my alk doesn't go up or down by 1.0 in a 24-hour period it slowly increases over time. the highest swing up in the last month is about 0.50 in 24 hour period

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back