ICP Result - Action needed?

mandarins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I just got my first ICP test result for my display tank (it's only 3 months old so I know ICP testing isn't too indicated but I wanted to run one anyway). Should I take any action on any values? Does my RODI filter need to be replaced? It's the BRS 5 stage RODI system - has been in use since March. I've attached a PDF of all results. Thank you!

Attachments

• ICP Results.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 79

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the tank, I'd raise the salinity to 35 ppt (sg = 1.0264) and make sure there are no metal parts anywhere in the water (hose clamps, etc, which might release zinc). nitrate is low (if that reflects the actual tank value). Have you measured nitrate yourself?

The Si is not a problem in the RO/DI unless you have a substantial diatom problem.

The copper is a bit high (if real), but obviously is not causing a tank level to be high.

Was the RO/DI water you sent 0 ppm TDS?

OP
OP
M

mandarins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the tank, I'd raise the salinity to 35 ppt (sg = 1.0264) and make sure there are no metal parts anywhere in the water (hose clamps, etc, which might release zinc). nitrate is low (if that reflects the actual tank value). Have you measured nitrate yourself?

The Si is not a problem in the RO/DI unless you have a substantial diatom problem.

The copper is a bit high (if real), but obviously is not causing a tank level to be high.

Was the RO/DI water you sent 0 ppm TDS?
Thank you for the reply! Per the TDS meter on the RODI system it is 0 TDS. The nitrate is accurate based on my hanna checkers as well. Feed more vs. remove fleece roller?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed more vs. remove fleece roller?

Either one.

I'd ignore the copper for now, but it might be an indication that you should never use tap water from your pipes and be sure to keep it 0 ppm TDS. .

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply! Per the TDS meter on the RODI system it is 0 TDS. The nitrate is accurate based on my hanna checkers as well. Feed more vs. remove fleece roller?
In my tank with a roller often I'll turn it off at night and just let it overflow if nitrates get too low. Sometimes I think they keep the water too clean.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back