Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since i did chemiclean. it did negative effect on my 1 out of 20 fish; green chromie. like 3 month ago ever since i used it, the chromie has being sitting in 1 top corner of the tank, near food dispenser. it still eats but i can see its trying to grab pellets but it misses a lot. I moved him to my frag tank, but same story, he moved to corner where my food dispenser is in frag tank, and sits there. his eyes don't look glazed like some pictures show online. also today i put my hand in water right next to him and he didn't swim away. this makes me think fish is blind.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ever since i did chemiclean. it did negative effect on my 1 out of 20 fish; green chromie. like 3 month ago ever since i used it, the chromie has being sitting in 1 top corner of the tank, near food dispenser. it still eats but i can see its trying to grab pellets but it misses a lot. I moved him to my frag tank, but same story, he moved to corner where my food dispenser is in frag tank, and sits there. his eyes don't look glazed like some pictures show online. also today i put my hand in water right next to him and he didn't swim away. this makes me think fish is blind.
This is the reason I refrain from use of chemicals for algae. They are often alternatives and not solutions and can dilute nutrients that are feeding cyanobacteria and also impact oxygen.
The question would be what is your current Phos, nitrate and ammonia levels after this treatment?
This is often impacted by water quality and change in lighting and at times, Dimming the lighting may help but this fish likely was impacted by chemical use and may not have restoration of its sight

OP
OP
zheka757

zheka757

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason I refrain from use of chemicals for algae. They are often alternatives and not solutions and can dilute nutrients that are feeding cyanobacteria and also impact oxygen.
The question would be what is your current Phos, nitrate and ammonia levels after this treatment?
This is often impacted by water quality and change in lighting and at times, Dimming the lighting may help but this fish likely was impacted by chemical use and may not have restoration of its sight
So chemyclean is 4 month ago. Since then I have being dosing nitrates and phosfates into tank. Amonia wasn't tested. But phosfates around .1 nitrates 10-20

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chemiclean is just erythromycin. I've dosed erythromycin hundreds of times with no issues with fish eyesight. I haven't used Chemiclean itself, but the the active ingredient is the same.

Jay

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back