Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V12, lol. Will add sand and water Friday. Next I need to figure how to get really good flow on the rocks. Or at least I think that is what I need to do...

IMG_0165.jpg IMG_0166.jpg IMG_0167.jpg IMG_0168.jpg IMG_0169.jpg IMG_0170.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do yourself an inexpensive favor. Add some egg crate just underneath the rock. Put a couple of beads of silicone to keep it from moving. Long story short, if in the future you decide to get a sandsifting goby, an Engineer Goby etc they won’t topple your aqua scape.

BRS
OP
OP
W

WhatCouldGoWrong71

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do yourself an inexpensive favor. Add some egg crate just underneath the rock. Put a couple of beads of silicone to keep it from moving. Long story short, if in the future you decide to get a sandsifting goby, an Engineer Goby etc they won’t topple your aqua scape.
Thanks!!!!!!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the eggcrate, I used it in my last tank and it was one of the worst decisions I made lol. If you plan on always having a sandbed that will cover it, it is fine. As the sand moved around it was constantly uncovering sections of the eggcrate..... I had to look at it until I finally tore the scape out and remove all the crate. I personally would just make sure the rock is secure and leave it out.

Nutramar Foods

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would it topple if its directly on the glass? IMO that egg crate is a detritus trap.

I like the rock work simple and effective. Lots of caves.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would it topple if its directly on the glass? IMO that egg crate is a detritus trap.

I like the rock work simple and effective. Lots of caves.
Good question, so not every rock has 3 or 4 points if contact that are touching the glass. Like a chair or a table. I’m looking at one particular piece in my tank that is an 11” arch. One point of the arch is against the wall of my aqua scape the other is secured on the tank floor by one the squares of the egg crate. It’s not going anywhere.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back