Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I currently have a 25 gal nano tank that is FOWLR. In a while (probably end of the year) when hopefully the pandemic has died down, I plan on buying a bigger fish tank. I am thinking around 95-140 gallons, and at least 4 feet long which should allow me to buy a few larger fish. I am currently looking at the RS Reefer 350, Aqua Medic Armatus 450 and a few others...

Now onto the main part of my question, I am currently using a very cheap light that came with the tank. Blue or light setting, and that is it. No customisation is available, which leads me to the reason that I want a new light. One quick side note ; I do plan on keeping corals, either SPS or LPS :)

I think I will want to buy an AI (Aqua illumination) light, as they look very good quality. I am just unsure as to which one I should buy AND how many I would need, depending on the light of course. Can anyone give me some info and recommendations for other lights if you want?

Thanks

Avast

Edp251

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am a few years and several upgrades in to my journey. i had a Red Sea max nano E which was 20 gallons with an AI Prime. Tank was great for LPS and softies but sps struggled until I added a T5 hybrid to the mix to improve the spread and coverage of light.

It made such a difference as, under the old light, I could not tell how much shadowing i was getting from the LED puck acting like a cone source over a cube tank.

This would be my advice. lots of great lights out there but matching the light to the geometry of the tank really matters. In my new 135, I went with a ReefBreeders photon V2 and a few lumen strips because they gave the best full coverage and i still have room for a T5 bulb on each side should i choose to so that.

Hope this helps and best of luck. Enjoy the journey!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back