+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
So... I started my journey with SW fish 25 days ago with 2 clownfish. One of them died from unknown reasons. The second clownfish, Wally, is thriving in our 10G tank.
I set up a quarantine tank (5G with a filter, air stone, pump, heater, PVC tubes, ammonia alert, ceramic beads from my DT, a cover) for our new friends. After 2 days of setting the tank the fish came: a tiny yellow goby, a tiger shrimp, a small clownfish.

on day 2 the goby disappeared. I looked for him EVERY WHERE and he was just gone.
So with a heavy heart I decided to get another one and restart the QT clock.

my LFS recommended I use Herbtana and Artemiss as a prophylactic measure. Which I did for the first 3 days.

since last night the clown has been swimming slowly and not moving much. Also breathing kinda fast.
this morning he was moving even less and was breathing way faster.

this morning goby and shrimp ate well. The clown did not eat (mysis nor pellets)

since today was Herbtana day, I dosed it and a few minutes later the goby flashed thru the tank, sat at a corner and started breathing fast as well and the shrimp came out of his tube rushing also.

I freaked out and decided to look into the herbtana since I blame that as the cause of the fish freaking out. I read a bunch of post describing what just happened to my fish and so I decided to do a water change of about 40%.

I did that and the goby seemed to improved after 30 mins or so. The shrimp went back to his tube. The clown is still barely swimming and breathing very fast.
His skin looks clean, and I cannot see anything in his gills.

The water parameters are good with salinity 1.024/35 (same as fish store) ammonia and nitrites 0 and nitrate 0-5. Temp has been stable between 78-80.

I am wondering if I should do something else? Or just wait and see what happens?
Also any suggestions for feeding the clown? A special food ge might like better?
Any suggestions will be appreciated!! Thank you!

Avast
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the experts here will need pics and video. What exactly were you treating for with those substances?
Well... I wasn't treating anything. My LFS said they use that in their tanks as a prophylactic measure and that I should do the same...
maybe you are right. I should just do nothing else and just wait and see what happens...
Thank you!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back