• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

I need a BBBIIIGGG Skimmer

Top Shelf Aquatics

matasw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't know much about skimmers, my system is ~140g of water volume. After a lot of research I went with the Octopus NW200 and am very happy with it. These seem to be slowly replacing the ASM's. A couple local reefers are acrylic fabricators and swear by the craftsmanship of the Octopus when compared to the ASM's. I can't tell the difference but then again I don't know crap about acrylic fabrication. The octopus's are quite a bit cheaper than the ASM's too. As far as I can tell these seem to be one of the best mid level skimmers on the market now.

The NW200 is rated for 200G but I imagine its over rated like everything else. You could get two of the NW150's for ~$300 but you'd probably waste a lot of space. They also have the recirc one's that I've heard a lot about the NW150 Recirc is rated for 300 gallons and is about 400 new.

I ended up ordering my from aquacave, they have a free goods section where you can pick out all kinds of free stuff depending how much money you spend.

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Octo

That's what I have heard too but I was hoping to save a few bucks over a new one. I had already decided to buy a Reef Octopus if I end up going the new route. They are in use at the LFS on the display tanks and look good. Lots of bubbles!! An almost pure white column!

Nutramar Foods

CherryCorals

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used GEO skimmer that is definitely big!!

It is an in sump model w/ an 8" chamber 54" tall run by twin Sedra 9's. It is a beast.

$500 + shipping.

The shipping would probably kill this deal.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back