Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with a Poseidon 200 ozone and after only a few hours my water looks “cleaner”. I can’t believe how fast it worked. I also see my orp climbing up since installing. I plumbed the ozone into my skimmer and also to an outside fresh air line. Do I still need to use a desiccant? Here’s a pic with the reactor

4D371D2A-5113-4A34-AEF8-C8BAC05AC4B2.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use of dessicant dep3nds on feed air relative humidity. In winter probably not if you are bringing in outside air. Definately in summer when air is more humid.
You dont have to run 24/7. I run once a week for a couple of hours to clear the water.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. I can believe how much clearer my water is. My other hope is it takes care of any coral warfare in my tank. Not sure why this “old” technology is not used by more people. Beats changing carbon all the time. Plus the benefits are obvious. I guess people are more concerned about ozone exposure to themself.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are scared of things they do not understand. It doesn't help that the people selling the stuff do a terrible job educating people about it. People talking about the dangers of ozone need qualify their claims with some perspective. It's kind of like saying bleach is dangerous.

Nutramar Foods

tjonw6981

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are scared of things they do not understand. It doesn't help that the people selling the stuff do a terrible job educating people about it. People talking about the dangers of ozone need qualify their claims with some perspective. It's kind of like saying bleach is dangerous.
100%. We work with ozone chambers in the biohazard/fire restoration industry where ozone can easily go over 20 ppm (highest my sensor will go). I've ran up to four 20'x20' chambers pumping in ozone using commercial units 24 hrs a day and we are frequently in and out of those things. It can make you light headed and potentially pass out at the levels we run but thats after several minutes of continuous exposure with 0 fresh air injection.

I highly doubt these little hobby grade generators could pose a threat in the average sized house. The big units I run struggle to keep 1000 sqft apartments at proper levels.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been running my ozone during the night time hours while I’m sleeping and it hovers around 320 at night. During the day when it’s off my orp drops to 298. Should I leave it running all day to achieve the 400ish # I’m looking for?

tjonw6981

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been running my ozone during the night time hours while I’m sleeping and it hovers around 320 at night. During the day when it’s off my orp drops to 298. Should I leave it running all day to achieve the 400ish # I’m looking for?
I would have your controller dictate on/off conditions if possible. My controllers are set to turn on the ozone at 375 and off at 400. Keeps it fairly stable throughout night and day. Hope that helps bud

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have your controller dictate on/off conditions if possible. My controllers are set to turn on the ozone at 375 and off at 400. Keeps it fairly stable throughout night and day. Hope that helps bud
I originally did have the controller set to turn my ozone on and off based on Orp, but I could smell ozone in the basement while I was down there during daytime and wasn’t sure if that is something I should be concerned about. I have my Ozotech set to 2 on the dial.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This back and forth between smelling ozone is good or bad is the wrong way to look at it.

It's about mitigating risks. It's better to err on the side of caution. It's hard to say what sort of ticking time bomb exposure is. And immediate effects aren't the real concern, it's 20-30 years from now when you develop a chronic lung disease. You'll look back and ask, was it worth it?

It's simple to create the reaction inside a chamber and then use carbon to remove any traces of o3 before it escapes into your basement, house or fish room.

Isn't it better to take the steps now to eliminate risk than to deal with it later?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquarium Specialty
Back