Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have a new friend on the boards, who like me has never sold a zoa. (I have always traded mine, or bought from others). He asked my opinion, but I thought you guys might be able to help him more than I...:

He has two colonies he was looking to trade on another board, but ran into the following as described by him:

"Let me ask you a question while I've got you. Two guys have PMd me wanting to buy those frags you looked at even though the thread clearly stated "trade" I told a guy $30 for 10 polyps(as this was what he wanted) Shipping included and he came back and said 15 shipped was more like it! I like a good deal as much as the next person but...! I have to go buy a thermos= Gas+time= thermos. Frag and Ship= time+ more gas + shipping $. I guess I am saying the deal would have cost me about $15 bucks. How could I sell for $15? I am new to this selling/trading thing but do you think I am out of line here? I haven't responded to the guy yet. I guess this is why trading appeals to me because both parties are in it for the same $ and both parties get frags!"

My personal opinion is that $25-30 for a fairly common mother colony of about 50 or so polyps is fair... What do you guys think?

Laurie

Nutramar Foods

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Well of course it depends on what type of zoa or paly it is, but for a small colony of 50 or more $25-$30 would not be a bad price at all shipped. $15 is hardly worth the effort unless you are helping a friend.

Top Shelf Aquatics

czieler

Reefin' Girl
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are right... by the time you do all that... it wouldn't be worth it.

At least in a trade... you'd get another zoanthid back... I'd just respond that if he didn't like that price then to find someone else to get them from...as you were looking for a trade anyway....

korndogg091

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree with everyone else. I think the guy is just trying to screw your friend. A colony of poop brown zoas of 50 polyps is work more then $15. How much is shipping? and like you said, a thermos and the time. If your friend said $30 then id stick with $30 or else tell the guy no thanks and wait for a fair trade.

CLICK TO VIEW
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back