Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Fluval Evo 13.5 and wanted to add some more blue to the light. I have a few questions. I know a lot of coral really pops under more blue light. I just don't want to hurt anything by adding more blue to the light already provided

1. Will having blues affect the overall par level of the tank?
2. Will having the blues on all through the night have a negative effect?
3. If it doesn't affect much, can I have the blue on 24/7 and have the other lights on a timer?

Nutramar Foods

JPG Corals

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Fluval Evo 13.5 and wanted to add some more blue to the light. I have a few questions. I know a lot of coral really pops under more blue light. I just don't want to hurt anything by adding more blue to the light already provided

1. Will having blues affect the overall par level of the tank?
2. Will having the blues on all through the night have a negative effect?
3. If it doesn't affect much, can I have the blue on 24/7 and have the other lights on a timer?
Not sure about increasing par, but corals mainly use the blue spectrum to photosynthesize. So I don't think leaving blues on all night would be a good idea. They need time off.

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about increasing par, but corals mainly use the blue spectrum to photosynthesize. So I don't think leaving blues on all night would be a good idea. They need time off.
Could I do the normal lights for 10 hours and just blues for like 2 hours? I'm more worried about raising the par in the tank too buch and burning the coral. I just want to add more blue for esthetics. Since they glow under blue lights

BRS

JPG Corals

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I do the normal lights for 10 hours and just blues for like 2 hours? I'm more worried about raising the par in the tank too buch and burning the coral. I just want to add more blue for esthetics. Since they glow under blue lights
I think it would be fine, try and do it gradually.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back