Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a leopard wrasse that has gone missing I haven't seen him in 5 days should I be worried

I know you are not supposed to look for them in the sand because they get stressed out
Generally wrasses come out of the sand when they’re about to die IME. So this is pretty normal. When newly introduced these guys tend to vanish for up to 2-3 months (I’ve had cases where people haven’t seen their wrasses for almost 5-6 months and then they turn up like nothing happened). I would check your tank at night, these wrasses are not from the same timezone as us and are likely to be out at night hunting instead of in the day for the first few weeks at least.

World Wide Corals

Pneumatic_Addict

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally wrasses come out of the sand when they’re about to die IME. So this is pretty normal. When newly introduced these guys tend to vanish for up to 2-3 months (I’ve had cases where people haven’t seen their wrasses for almost 5-6 months and then they turn up like nothing happened). I would check your tank at night, these wrasses are not from the same timezone as us and are likely to be out at night hunting instead of in the day for the first few weeks at least.
This 100%. I had a pair of Black Leopard that disappeared and I wrote off. 3 months later they popped up randomly.

Keep your pod count healthy. They’ll adjust eventually.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back