+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
So mid water change I smelled something burning, and realized I left my heater plugged in. It was piping hot when I unplugged it, and fell into the tank water, where it burst and caused a bunch of steam. It was already unplugged, thankfully, but I’m concerned that chemicals inside may have entered the water. Is there anything I should be concerned about (besides needing to buy a new heater…) or should everything be okay? I feel really dumb for leaving the heater plugged in above water, but I suppose everyone’s allowed to do something stupid…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

rmorris_14

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
So mid water change I smelled something burning, and realized I left my heater plugged in. It was piping hot when I unplugged it, and fell into the tank water, where it burst and caused a bunch of steam. It was already unplugged, thankfully, but I’m concerned that chemicals inside may have entered the water. Is there anything I should be concerned about (besides needing to buy a new heater…) or should everything be okay? I feel really dumb for leaving the heater plugged in above water, but I suppose everyone’s allowed to do something stupid…
What kind of heater was it?
Edit.. Meaning ...Brand

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

rmorris_14

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find anything on the website or manual that would be of use in this scenario. I would say do as others suggested.... UGH! which means more water changes :(. I wish I could give you a hug. :disappointed-face: . It's been quite a week for your tanks.

Avast
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back