I believe my fire fish has ick what do I do

zeliflush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated my fire fish has ick white spots on him and he keeps swimming into the sand what do I do ( I don’t have a quarantine tank) I believe I just saw some ick come off of him. I would show a photo but it doesn’t show up

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to post a photo so the #fishmedics can see and diagnose.

You need to provide a little more info, how old is the tank, how long have you had this fish, any other fish in the tank, what is the ammonia and nitrate levels?

You need to prepare a hospital tank - not a QT tank, QT is before adding the fish and you missed that step - a hospital tank is where sick fish are treated.

OP
OP
Z

zeliflush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to post a photo so the #fishmedics can see and diagnose.

You need to provide a little more info, how old is the tank, how long have you had this fish, any other fish in the tank, what is the ammonia and nitrate levels?

You need to prepare a hospital tank - not a QT tank, QT is before adding the fish and you missed that step - a hospital tank is where sick fish are treated.
Well it started off as 2 dots around last week that looked like sand so I thought nothing of it. I got home today and he has a decent amount of it on him. I tried to take photos but my camera just doesn’t pick it up.
The tank is from around the end of July ammonia is 0 and nitrate I haven’t checked sorry. And I would love to do that hospital tank but I genuinely don’t have the money for it for the next 2 weeks

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back