Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a new pistol shrimp yesterday with my peacock mantis shrimp that has no interest in hurting any other animal than my sister shrimp that he likes to chow down on I added a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp and the next day I looked for the Pistol shrimps I could not find him and I lifted up the rocks and looked and I found a piece of his shell and I was wondering if this is just a malt or he got killed

image.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
spoons

spoons

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most cases I’d say that’s a molt, but the presence of a mantis complicates things. I’m thinking your mantis is not as peaceful as you believe.
I have seen catch one of the clowns I have And he simply just had no interest and tossed him out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 75

Mushroomsyo

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a new pistol shrimp yesterday with my peacock mantis shrimp that has no interest in hurting any other animal than my sister shrimp that he likes to chow down on I added a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp and the next day I looked for the Pistol shrimps I could not find him and I lifted up the rocks and looked and I found a piece of his shell and I was wondering if this is just a malt or he got killed

View attachment 2738711
A mantis should be by itself. I hope the pistol and watchman survive.

Nutramar Foods

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen catch one of the clowns I have And he simply just had no interest and tossed him out
Wait until he does that and punches it. Doesn’t matter if he wants to eat it at that point it’s dead. We have a mantis at work and it grabs the live feeders we put in so fast if you blink sometimes you miss it. The odd time he doesn’t eat it right away but he always kills them right away. This sounds like a recipe for disaster tbh.

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until he does that and punches it. Doesn’t matter if he wants to eat it at that point it’s dead. We have a mantis at work and it grabs the live feeders we put in so fast if you blink sometimes you miss it. The odd time he doesn’t eat it right away but he always kills them right away. This sounds like a recipe for disaster tbh.
I have tried giving it a feeder gold fish before and he did the same as what his did to the clown

Mushroomsyo

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pistol and watchman will be in the mantis territory more than the clowns.
The goby is perfectly fine the mantis has no interest in fish
It's nice that you
The goby is perfectly fine the mantis has no interest in fish
It's nice that you think that, but the reality is he will eventually kill that poor watchman or any other fish. Good luck with your mantis tho.

bert236

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried giving it a feeder gold fish before and he did the same as what his did to the clown
For now. I’m of the same opinion as everyone else here this is a bad idea no matter how you want to justify it. It’s your tank and livestock though so do as you choose and hopefully it doesn’t turn out the way we all know it will.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back