Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral looks damage I don’t know what it is from, I think it is these hermit crabs.

image.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
nsauer3

nsauer3

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a cabbage leather, and it looks like it’s splitting into another one (reproduction).
So it’s not damaged? Should I do anything about it, it looks like it has a hole in the middle with a little cut through the side. It’s not all the way split

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree that it looks like a split. Just keep in mind that if your clean up crew is eating something, it's because there is already something dying. They don't go after healthy things usually. What are your current parameters and lighting being used? These are what coral need.

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s not damaged? Should I do anything about it, it looks like it has a hole in the middle with a little cut through the side. It’s not all the way split
Nothing to worry about. I’d monitor to see if anything does start to look bad, but otherwise this is completely normal for many coral species.

OP
OP
nsauer3

nsauer3

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree that it looks like a split. Just keep in mind that if your clean up crew is eating something, it's because there is already something dying. They don't go after healthy things usually. What are your current parameters and lighting being used? These are what coral need.
I don’t exactly know where to find the parameters and I don’t know my current lighting, one of my father’s friend set up the tank for me.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t exactly know where to find the parameters and I don’t know my current lighting, one of my father’s friend set up the tank for me.
Foe coral you need to be able to test certain parameters to keep them healthy. For softies you should have alkalinity, nitrate and phosphate at minimum. For LPS and SPS add calcium, magnesium and Ph. I use salifert tests, red sea and hanna are also good ones. Don't get API tests.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nsauer3

nsauer3

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foe coral you need to be able to test certain parameters to keep them healthy. For softies you should have alkalinity, nitrate and phosphate at minimum. For LPS and SPS add calcium, magnesium and Ph. I use salifert tests, red sea and hanna are also good ones. Don't get API tests.
Thank you

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a cabbage leather, and it looks like it’s splitting into another one (reproduction).
Came here to say the same thing. It looks perfectly happy and healthy while still splitting :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back