HUGE explosion of munnid isopod population!

leilanastasia

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these munnid isopods everywhere... and I mean everywhere!!! Not one spot in my tank where I don’t see them crawling. They’re in every crack, crevice, and nonstop on every inch of my live rock. There’s practically an entire colony living on my glass and back wall... tons. I also somehow have dragonsbreath macro algae naturally growing & thriving (which I never introduced into my tank) and literal live sea sponge (3 of them) growing on my live rock as well as seaweed or some type of macro algae... I noticed some of the seaweed type macro starting to deteriorate and I’m wondering since munnids are herbivores - they are chowing down on the green macro/seaweed? Is that possible? it would be great to know if anyone has further knowledge on these guys. Also soo weird I have all of this stuff somehow just coming in out of the blue (not complaining either lol!)

side note.. will mandarins/dragonet species eat munnids in replacement of copepods? I have pods in a culture but am wondering if I could get away with these permanently, especially since my tank is seeded with munnids through and through like crazy!

anyways, thanks guys!!

AquaCave Logo Banner

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"HAD' a population explosion of these to. Then my Coral Beauty discovered she liked the taste of them. She quit eating anything I fed her and would constantly be on the hunt for them. Took her a month and a half but she eat every last one of them.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
leilanastasia

leilanastasia

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"HAD' a population explosion of these to. Then my Coral Beauty discovered she liked the taste of them. She quit eating anything I fed her and would constantly be on the hunt for them. Took her a month and a half but she eat every last one of them.
Oh dang! Luckily my coral beauty didn’t like them

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back