How to wire 2-wire float switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TCoach

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Theiling Roller Mat on my tank. It uses a 2 wire mini float valve. When I initially let it run, it burned through the initial roll and most of what I saw was barely used mat.

Currently, I’m using a Kasa power strip to control it and have it running for 1min every 12 hours. Since I have been off this week for Christmas, I’ve noticed it starting to overflow between 10-12 hours and that running it for 5-10 seconds clears it.

I’d like to move it over to my P4 for control and trending based on the float switch triggering.

Basically, when the float switch triggers, I want to turn on the outlet until the float clears and 5 seconds pass or until 10 seconds pass on total run time.

Thoughts on how I can wire this into the P4 for control? Once it is wired in, I believe it will be a similar setup to my ATO.

Thanks,
-TCoach

(here is the float switch)

Gaël

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Please search a little before asking :)

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the Roller Mat is getting Clogged. Couldn’t you just run it every Ten or Eight Hours, Rather than hacking into the Wiring, and having Salt intrusion getting into your wiring?

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would‘t call that hacking…

Instead of running on a timer and either wasting material or not using enough, why not automate it the way it should be? Though I thought that the unit was only supposed to advance based on the float anyway.

Afraid of salt creep? Heat Shrink tubing (the kind with glue inside for waterprofing or silicone filled wire nuts.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back