How to stop tiny leak from external box of shadow overflow?

FishPersonFL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I posted threads related to this, but now I seem to know where the leak is. It's from the outter box at the gasket/bulkhead. I was about to install pipe clamps. I can get them oriented only vertical to the pipe, like the pic, which is how I see many reefers with overflows to it. Though that provides location support, but not really weight support. Though they have no leaks, and I was reading to clamp to prevent the leak I have.
Since clamping like i have it in the pic wont provide support, and therefore wont seem to prevent the leak, what should I do? And why are others having success with this location and not weight support? I'm really getting frustrated with this, and it's taking quite a bit of time to ressolve this tiny tiny leak :-/

TIA

clip.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have figured out the reason for the clips. It's to keep the pipes from going side to side and front to back, not to give support to anyting above them, such as the outter overflow box. i have orings in the gasket holes to keep the box from somehow putting pressure on a hard surface (the glass) and prevent the glass from being banged by the overflow's go between pipes.

Ijust hope I get passed this leak soon so I get on with rest of wahtever little freetime I used to have lol

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the clips put in. They needed a plank of wood behind them otherwise they woudllnt reach the pipes. theyactualy do hole the overflow box well and may not ever slip, but I know if enough pressure goes on the them they will slip since I coiuld pretty easily push pipe through them fully locked. Anyhow I'm waiting for some drying for the pvc glue I had to adjust on one of the pipes going to the box. Wish me luck on the next leak test.

AquaCave Logo Banner

sdreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I posted threads related to this, but now I seem to know where the leak is. It's from the outter box at the gasket/bulkhead. I was about to install pipe clamps. I can get them oriented only vertical to the pipe, like the pic, which is how I see many reefers with overflows to it. Though that provides location support, but not really weight support. Though they have no leaks, and I was reading to clamp to prevent the leak I have.
Since clamping like i have it in the pic wont provide support, and therefore wont seem to prevent the leak, what should I do? And why are others having success with this location and not weight support? I'm really getting frustrated with this, and it's taking quite a bit of time to ressolve this tiny tiny leak :-/

TIA

Just to clarify is this from the junction between the tank and the overflow or the overflow pipe and the drain lines? More pictures could be helpful.

I had a leak occur when I initially set up my tank between the modular marine overflow and one of the drain lines. I have a union on the vertical portion of the drain line that is placed low enough so I can access through the cabinet. By opening this union, I was able to turn the drain line tightening the gasket and stopping the leak.

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back