Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bta otw and a pair of clowns that I hope to get hooked up. Any tips?
Put them all together in a 5gallon bucket and if the fish get right in then you should be ok. If they don’t, put your hand in the bucket and let them hide in the nem and repeat the hand until they figure out that they belong there. Then net them out together and put the nem in the tank where you want it and hopefully they’ll all stay put.
Designer clowns don’t typically have experience with a nem, so once they get into it they will stick around one.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mjw011689

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play some Barry manilow for them and hope for the best. There’s really no winning formula for this, I’ve found that clowns sometimes have a mind of their own and could straight up ignore it. Others go right for it. What kris said is probably your best bet though. Force them to have to hide in it while in a bucket so they realize what it is.

OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play some Barry manilow for them and hope for the best. There’s really no winning formula for this, I’ve found that clowns sometimes have a mind of their own and could straight up ignore it. Others go right for it. What kris said is probably your best bet though. Force them to have to hide in it while in a bucket so they realize what it is.
Thanks

AquaCave Logo Banner

k2-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is my tip- put them together in the tank and make sure both stay happy and healthy - they will find each other soon enough (mine took 3 weeks without any efforts)

AquaCave Logo Banner

k2-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that was my first plan
Alternatively it depends on fish taste but try playing
1) Celine dion - titatnic
2) Love is in the air - John paul young
3) Bryan adams - Feels like first night together

Many more ...

in Some cases when both are quite young - a little bit of vodka, and right levels (Alk/CA, MG) / and some nice lights with some disco music might just find them hooking up behind a rock --- but depends

zoomonster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME just put the BTA in the tank and clowns will eventually get there if not right away. Of course, the BTA is likely to move around until its where it wants to be (don't think you are going to put it where you want it), and they generally migrate upwards toward the light. Now when I try to weed out BTA's the clowns attack me lol. Also, until the BTA settles you might want your powerheads off if not covered with a foam sock. Sometimes they will detach and just float around and seen a couple hit the Vortech meat grinder.

BRS

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put them all together in a 5gallon bucket and if the fish get right in then you should be ok. If they don’t, put your hand in the bucket and let them hide in the nem and repeat the hand until they figure out that they belong there. Then net them out together and put the nem in the tank where you want it and hopefully they’ll all stay put.
Designer clowns don’t typically have experience with a nem, so once they get into it they will stick around one.
That's a really good idea. I'll have to give that a try. :)

OP
OP
Gobi1canobi

Gobi1canobi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My men came small and didn’t look like he was gonna make it. He started in my 20. Wasn’t looking good so put him in the 75 and doing better so I’m hoping he makes it. Was supposed to b green tho and he is pink thought that was weird

Attachments

• BD30E111-F4CB-4DF4-BAE3-6DA7CF49DE6D.jpeg
    BD30E111-F4CB-4DF4-BAE3-6DA7CF49DE6D.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 8

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back