How to drill hole in tank??? Also with a external overflow where do you place the returns?

BRS

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thanks to the help on the other post and since I found a solution for that I wanted to know tips and advice for how to drill a hole in my tank and what overflow box should I get? And what sump should I get for it.

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of videos on YouTube on how to drill a tank. I watched several before I tried.

I got the eshopps overflow, which came with the drill bit needed to drill the glass.

the sump size is limited by the cabinet size. So it depends how big is the main tank and how big is the cabinet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of videos on YouTube on how to drill a tank. I watched several before I tried.

I got the eshopps overflow, which came with the drill bit needed to drill the glass.

the sump size is limited by the cabinet size. So it depends how big is the main tank and how big is the cabinet.
the cabinet can house anything as big as a 40g breeder and and the main tank is 95 gallons and what should I do about the returns???

Upvote 0

Mav88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used modular marine most overflows that require drilling come with the appropriate drill bit just go slow run water over the bit and tape the side that falls so it doesn’t crack away from the drill bit. For returns figure out your return flow and make sure you have the appropriate size tubing. You will need a different drill bit for whichever size bulkhead you are drilling for. I think BRS tells you the size but you need based on your bulkhead. I used a thread slip bulkhead (I think) and then locking fittings for the return.

IMG_2472.jpeg IMG_2474.jpeg IMG_2467.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used modular marine most overflows that require drilling come with the appropriate drill bit just go slow run water over the bit and tape the side that falls so it doesn’t crack away from the drill bit. For returns figure out your return flow and make sure you have the appropriate size tubing. You will need a different drill bit for whichever size bulkhead you are drilling for. I think BRS tells you the size but you need based on your bulkhead. I used a thread slip bulkhead (I think) and then locking fittings for the return.

View attachment 3151481 View attachment 3151482 View attachment 3151484
Thanks and nice tank

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back