+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a 96L (25g) Nano AIO Tank with Hailea Chiller HS28A. I keep my tank temperature at 25C (77F).
I do bi-weekly 30L (8g) water change mostly for nutrient export.

I usually mix salt on Friday Night & change water on Saturday Nights. The new saltwater temperature is around 31C (88F). My room temperature is usually at 32C (89.6F).

During water change, i notice a huge jump of tank temperature from 25C (77F) to 29C (84F) . And both my shrimps don't seem to like it since they usually molt the night after water change.

How can i cool my new saltwater without the need of buying a new chiller just for water changes ?

How do other members living in tropical region manage temperature jump during WC ?

Last edited:
Corals.com
Avast

Aquavaj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fan blowing over it will work too. There will be some evaporation but I don't think it'll be enough to cause an increase in salinity. You'll have to monitor not to undershoot too though.

Top Shelf Aquatics

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good advice given on this. I think that will help you with the Temps. Unrelated but related, your shrimp molting may be more because of a sudden increase in minerals and other things in the water than the temp itself. A fresh infusion of new water can cause coral to breed fish to breed and other things to happen in our tank environments.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
sahilchaddha

sahilchaddha

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have multiple unused liquid based ice packs. I am putting all the ice packs in a plastic bag and then put the plastic bag in my bucket. I hope the plastic bag prevents saltwater to have direct contact with ice packs.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back