Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there's a way to open up the A360x to clean the dust out of the vent slots and from the fan? I see the torx screws on the emitter (led) side, but didn't want to twist too hard for fear of damaging the housing or stripping the screws.

Thanks in advance!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took them off and used canned air before they got too bad.
The problem with one of mine is that the fan is kinda gummed up and takes a moment to get up to speed. That indicates too much dust causing drag. Not sure that canned air is going to help with that.

nothing_fancy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an electric air duster on mine, you can certainly open up an A360, just make sure you have some decent wrenches or bits. I would be careful with canned air if you're using it when the lights are mounted. Some (most) canned air refrigerants are bad for you and your tank. Amazon has cheap electric dusters that recharge USB style

Top Shelf Aquatics

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with car detail vacuum attachment brushes for air conditioning vents. The ones with bristles. If you do it frequently the fan won’t get clogged up. If it had any moisture/humidity that caused the dust to cake on the fan you will have to take it apart. There are YouTube’s on how to do it.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took mine apart to paint them and have done it once to do a deep clean as well. No issues for me. They are built really well. If you have some technical skills, just be firm but careful and go for it.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take mine apart every few months and deep clean. Rubbing alcohol and q tips to scrub the circuit board surfaces, heat sink fins, and fan blades. The dust that gets in them is a humid, salty sticky dust. It doesn’t blow out with canned air for me until I scrub it loose. Then I use the canned air to blow out the debris I dislodged. I have the specific star bit and allen key I need set aside in my tank took box so I don’t have to hunt for them. I’ll have to look up and see what the sizes are.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take mine apart every few months and deep clean. Rubbing alcohol and q tips to scrub the circuit board surfaces, heat sink fins, and fan blades. The dust that gets in them is a humid, salty sticky dust. It doesn’t blow out with canned air for me until I scrub it loose. Then I use the canned air to blow out the debris I dislodged. I have the specific star bit and allen key I need set aside in my tank took box so I don’t have to hunt for them. I’ll have to look up and see what the sizes are.
Got the right bits, but there was so much loctite on the upper (chrome) screws, they snapped off in the post. It's always something...

Bpb

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the right bits, but there was so much loctite on the upper (chrome) screws, they snapped off in the post. It's always something...

That is awful. Mine had loctite blue as well but luckily they didn’t break. Wish I could advise

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AAF
Back