Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed a large group of employees before I retired and I would tell people that were frequently making mistakes or having accidents to just slow down and really think about the task at hand.. some of my best and most energetic employees where the ones consistently screwing up.. lol

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed a large group of employees before I retired and I would tell people that were frequently making mistakes or having accidents to just slow down and really think about the task at hand.. some of my best and most energetic employees where the ones consistently screwing up.. lol

My problem is I slow down and think about the task and still make a mistake

Nutramar Foods

Jay Z

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to sound dumb but some meditation may help before bed or morning. Pretty much just consists of focusing on your breathing. In and out. Try to focus on the breathing only. Let your mind go blank if you can. Over time it will improve your focus and awareness of surroundings.

A good trip on hallucinogens can help rewire to be more aware of surroundings also. You can actually google that for studies and results.

Besides that some people do have conditions. If it’s on going you could always ask a doctor about it. Could be as simple as glasses, meds, ear condition or maybe vertigo. I’m not a big fan of prescriptions or pills.

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Essentially I’m very accident prone especially at my work (I work at my LFS) and I need advice on how to be less clumsy, you guys got any ideas?

I propose that clumsy and accident prone are two different things. Depending on the cause, clumsy can be addressed with dexterity training. Accident-prone behavior can be reduced with improved risk management - even something as simple as asking “if I set this here what is the chance it could get knocked off?” ...and asking yourself other similar questions. Good luck!

krbshappy71

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps happening on the same or similar tasks, take some time to slowly do those tasks over and over until it becomes more natural to you. (I particularly try to do this when I have come in to work early so nobody is around watching me.) For instance, I tend to throw the small staple-remover when I grab for it. I know it sounds dumb, but it would go flying off the desk clanging loudly on the floor, I used to do it a lot, embarrassing for me! So one day while on the phone at my desk I reached and picked up the staple-remover repeatedly and gently set it down over and over while on telephone calls. I got used to how light it is, and to gently putting it back down not throwing it back onto my hard desk when finished with it. Honing in on simple skills can give you confidence in other areas, too, as you learn to slow down as others suggested. I am petite but I can really be a "bull in a china shop" if I don't relax.

AS
OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to sound dumb but some meditation may help before bed or morning. Pretty much just consists of focusing on your breathing. In and out. Try to focus on the breathing only. Let your mind go blank if you can. Over time it will improve your focus and awareness of surroundings.

A good trip on hallucinogens can help rewire to be more aware of surroundings also. You can actually google that for studies and results.

Besides that some people do have conditions. If it’s on going you could always ask a doctor about it. Could be as simple as glasses, meds, ear condition or maybe vertigo. I’m not a big fan of prescriptions or pills.
Thanks for the insights. Since I’m already on 3 different pill types daily a few more can’t hurt

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps happening on the same or similar tasks, take some time to slowly do those tasks over and over until it becomes more natural to you. (I particularly try to do this when I have come in to work early so nobody is around watching me.) For instance, I tend to throw the small staple-remover when I grab for it. I know it sounds dumb, but it would go flying off the desk clanging loudly on the floor, I used to do it a lot, embarrassing for me! So one day while on the phone at my desk I reached and picked up the staple-remover repeatedly and gently set it down over and over while on telephone calls. I got used to how light it is, and to gently putting it back down not throwing it back onto my hard desk when finished with it. Honing in on simple skills can give you confidence in other areas, too, as you learn to slow down as others suggested. I am petite but I can really be a "bull in a china shop" if I don't relax.

Thanks for the ideas

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I propose that clumsy and accident prone are two different things. Depending on the cause, clumsy can be addressed with dexterity training. Accident-prone behavior can be reduced with improved risk management - even something as simple as asking “if I set this here what is the chance it could get knocked off?” ...and asking yourself other similar questions. Good luck!

Thanks, any ideas on how to do dexterity training

Avast

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, any ideas on how to do dexterity training
Search the internet for “hand coordination training” and you should find things like play catch with a ball or frisbee, juggling, etc. These will improve your hand-eye coordination. Also do an internet search for “agility training for humans” and “agility training for athletes” to find ways to improve your footwork.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search the internet for “hand coordination training” and you should find things like play catch with a ball or frisbee, juggling, etc. These will improve your hand-eye coordination. Also do an internet search for “agility training for humans” and “agility training for athletes” to find ways to improve your footwork.
Okay thank you

Punchanello

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd come at this from a slightly different angle. Maybe some people are just more prone to clumsiness than others but it's more likely a symptom rather than a condition itself. Are you stressed, rushed, have poor eyesight, suffer from difficulty concentrating or have other cognitive impairments?

I'm not suggesting that you go and look for problems, but there may be a reason that is easily dealt with. As a young person I was always messing up. I forgot stuff all the time, lost my wallet constantly, missed appointments and always made really bad judgement calls. I spent my whole life beating myself up thinking i was just hopeless but it turned out I had a legitimate health issue that could be managed.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd come at this from a slightly different angle. Maybe some people are just more prone to clumsiness than others but it's more likely a symptom rather than a condition itself. Are you stressed, rushed, have poor eyesight, suffer from difficulty concentrating or have other cognitive impairments?

I'm not suggesting that you go and look for problems, but there may be a reason that is easily dealt with. As a young person I was always messing up. I forgot stuff all the time, lost my wallet constantly, missed appointments and always made really bad judgement calls. I spent my whole life beating myself up thinking i was just hopeless but it turned out I had a legitimate health issue that could be managed.
Glad to hear that for you.
I used to have anxiety, now I have bpd and depression and have some significant things going on atm that could have my stress levels up
I also have some slight eyesight issues

Punchanello

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that for you.
I used to have anxiety, now I have bpd and depression and have some significant things going on atm that could have my stress levels up
I also have some slight eyesight issues

I can sympathise. I have struggled with those issues too and they can affect you in funny ways. I know that when I am not well I am affected cognitively. I make more mistakes, I can't concentrate, I find complex tasks difficult.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can sympathise. I have struggled with those issues too and they can affect you in funny ways. I know that when I am not well I am affected cognitively. I make more mistakes, I can't concentrate, I find complex tasks difficult.
Any ideas on how to become less clumsy or just addressing these?

CLICK TO VIEW

Punchanello

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on how to become less clumsy or just addressing these?

I know it sounds a bit flaky but from personal experience, and I can't believe I am saying this, meditation really helped me. There's a lot of evidence that meditation-like activities can improve performance (such as coordination and attentiveness) and have a positive impact on people who suffer from depression, anxiety and other conditions.

That could be mindfulness or some other types of meditation, yoga etc. Anything that trains you mind to be in the moment and reduce stress.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it sounds a bit flaky but from personal experience, and I can't believe I am saying this, meditation really helped me. There's a lot of evidence that meditation-like activities can improve performance (such as coordination and attentiveness) and have a positive impact on people who suffer from depression, anxiety and other conditions.

That could be mindfulness or some other types of meditation, yoga etc. Anything that trains you mind to be in the moment and reduce stress.
I might give it a try, thanks for the suggestion mate

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back