How to arrange 2 AI blades (grow and glow) in a 40 gallon peninsula tank?

Lanko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering for even coverage how to arrange a glow and grow AI blade for a 40 gallon pennisula tank

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There is a lot I love about the Blades but they are best used in a 2:1 combo if you want both colors (grow and glow.) Using one of each is going to make the tank look different on each half. Adding that 2nd grow will balance it out

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Lanko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a lot I love about the Blades but they are best used in a 2:1 combo if you want both colors (grow and glow.) Using one of each is going to make the tank look different on each half. Adding that 2nd grow will balance it out
I see, just seems like overkill with lights. Do you think just running one glow would be ok? I know it would change the look in spectrum a bit. But I really like the ultraviolet spectrum making the corals glow. Do you think this would be bad for the corals I have? and do you think there would still be enough par using the glow alone? I have a LPS and Zoa’s and mushroom tank.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is they’re different spectrums/colors. Unless they can be angled in a way to try and mix them, one half of the tank will be a different color

I was thinking 2 of the same type (i.e. the grow)

Upvote 0

vadryn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 39" Grow and Glow over my 90g. They are about 8" above the water and I have no issues with color or covereage front to back (or side to side). That's plenty of space for the lights to mix, IMO. The Glow doesn't have any white light, so doing one of each would be best for getting the color look you want.

That's what I'm going to do with my new 40 Breeder, but the lights might be a lot closer to the water. We will see but I don't expect color issues.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back