Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I believe my Xenia is using up all the nutrients in my tank so I'd like to start broadcast feeding Reef Roids. How often should I feed?
It is very high in phosphate. So u hv to test weekly. U can start with once a week then slowly increase to twice a week (if your tank can handle it)

joefishtank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started feeding my tank everyday because I'm currently running no fish. I also don't test parameters so I don't stress about my parameters going crazy. I have a 13 gallon nano and I do 50% water changes every week. When I started this tank I got into the habit of feeding more than other reef keepers. I also keep my green hair algae to keep the parameters I don't check in check. Good luck growing xenia I've heard they are pretty stable unless they die in the beginning.

Corals.com
OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started feeding my tank everyday because I'm currently running no fish. I also don't test parameters so I don't stress about my parameters going crazy. I have a 13 gallon nano and I do 50% water changes every week. When I started this tank I got into the habit of feeding more than other reef keepers. I also keep my green hair algae to keep the parameters I don't check in check. Good luck growing xenia I've heard they are pretty stable unless they die in the beginning.
Oh the Xenia is growing like crazy, I think it's consuming all of the excess nutrients because none of my other corals appear to be growing.

joefishtank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the Xenia is growing like crazy, I think it's consuming all of the excess nutrients because none of my other corals appear to be growing.
I don't think coral require nitrates and phosphates to grow as much. They mainly get energy from photosynthesis. What kind of light and what kind of coral? If you start feeding a lot I would avoid the xenia and direct feed the other coral.

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't think coral require nitrates and phosphates to grow as much. They mainly get energy from photosynthesis. What kind of light and what kind of coral? If you start feeding a lot I would avoid the xenia and direct feed the other coral.
I have Kessil AP9x. Toadstools, GSP, Sinularia, Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Blue Clove Polyps, Cabbage Leather.

joefishtank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Kessil AP9x. Toadstools, GSP, Sinularia, Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Blue Clove Polyps, Cabbage Leather.
How long have you been tracking the growth? I heard soft corals can do chemical warfare so maybe run some carbon? Other than that I have no other ideas.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello, I believe my Xenia is using up all the nutrients in my tank so I'd like to start broadcast feeding Reef Roids. How often should I feed?
I limit to twice a week as they can elevate phosphate levels. I prefer to feed mysis shrimp to my coral

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back