Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add coral as quickly as your wallet allows.

2 clownfish in a 13g tank may not tolerate another fish, be careful.
Will do, I was considering adding a yellow watchman and then be done on fish. Maybe add a peppermint shrimp and a few more snails/crabs

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
H

Hetts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can add corals as much as you want as long as your testing Alk consumption. Adding fish generally recommended 2-4 weeks to allow cycle to catch up. Adding bottle bacteria can allow sooner.
How much bottle bacteria? I fully cycled tank before adding fish. New fish been in tank a week

CLICK TO VIEW

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 13.5 Fluval and added 2 coral and 2 clownfish last weekend. When am I able to add another fish and how often can I add coral
I try to space every 10-14 days to assure that last fish are doing well and free parasites and also to lower the bacteria population which will increase with the new bio load

Nutramar Foods

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much bottle bacteria? I fully cycled tank before adding fish. New fish been in tank a week
I use aquavitro seed or seachem stability. I add what they recommend on the bottle.
Fully cycled is kind of a misnomer as when you add a larger load, the bacteria needs to multiply to consume the larger ammonia load. Also adding vac doesn’t mean you can just add as many as you want at a time. Allow at least a week before more.
As someone said, what clowns do you have as their adult size will determine what else you can have.

AS
OP
OP
H

Hetts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use aquavitro seed or seachem stability. I add what they recommend on the bottle.
Fully cycled is kind of a misnomer as when you add a larger load, the bacteria needs to multiply to consume the larger ammonia load. Also adding vac doesn’t mean you can just add as many as you want at a time. Allow at least a week before more.
As someone said, what clowns do you have as their adult size will determine what else you can have.
I’ll check water levels tomorrow to see where they’re at after a week of fish in tank. I have the black and white clownfish. I really only want one more fish (yellow watchman) and then a peppermint shrimp. The guy at LFS said I could also add a scallop if I want

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll check water levels tomorrow to see where they’re at after a week of fish in tank. I have the black and white clownfish. I really only want one more fish (yellow watchman) and then a peppermint shrimp. The guy at LFS said I could also add a scallop if I want
Scallops are difficult to keep. I would suggest a pistol shrimp to pair with your YWG. 2 clowns will likely outgrow your tank at some point.

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to quote this again... LFS is trying to sell you stuff. Be wary of their advice.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
H

Hetts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to quote this again... LFS is trying to sell you stuff. Be wary of their advice.
I know the guy well. I was going to buy it but he told me to wait a while as they’re difficult. He led me in the direction of some easy beginner friendly corals and then recommended the 2 clownfish with 3 snails and 3 crabs to start

JCM

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, I was considering adding a yellow watchman and then be done on fish. Maybe add a peppermint shrimp and a few more snails/crabs

That's a decent choice of third fish. Occupies a different area of the tank so should be ok with the clowns. I agree with waiting another week or two before trying.

Good luck

SneaksMcdoogle

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 Fluval and added 2 coral and 2 clownfish last weekend. When am I able to add another fish and how often can I add coral
To your original post, once the tank of cycled you can add as much coral as you can afford and keep up with, it’s a new tank so frags won’t consume more then your weekly water changes will fix so you should be good there for a while, I would start checking your Alk and cal weekly in about 3 months you could start sooner (Iv always enjoyed water testing)ANYWAY… small tank like that would keep from adding any more fish however something like a watchman or some sort of lower water level fish should be okay (usually shoot for like 2weeks between adding fish) CUC is fun in these tanks, you could add some red macro to the tank… hmm have fun man that’s what is all about

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

Hetts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To your original post, once the tank of cycled you can add as much coral as you can afford and keep up with, it’s a new tank so frags won’t consume more then your weekly water changes will fix so you should be good there for a while, I would start checking your Alk and cal weekly in about 3 months you could start sooner (Iv always enjoyed water testing)ANYWAY… small tank like that would keep from adding any more fish however something like a watchman or some sort of lower water level fish should be okay (usually shoot for like 2weeks between adding fish) CUC is fun in these tanks, you could add some red macro to the tank… hmm have fun man that’s what is all about
I don’t know much about CUC. Could you give me some fun ideas?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back