Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my biocube 32 I already have an ocellaris clown, midas blenny and flameback angel who are all thriving and doing great. The only corals I have right now is a hammer and a small colony of acans which are also doing good. My tank overall is running pretty smooth as of now with no major issues (knock on wood). So my question is, I know there isn't really a max amount of corals I can add besides obviously space restrictions, but given my tank size and current livestock already, how many more fish can I add before it is too much? I was thinking maybe 3 or so but I am just curious to what are some other opinions.

Top Shelf Aquatics

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't overcrowd your tank or you'll just have to give or sell away your extra stock in another year. While everyone loves the look of a mature tank, there's also much to admire in the various stages of growth, and if you overstock, you'll miss individual pieces.

You could add a pistol shrimp and goby pair, or a pygmy geometric "hawkfish", or a dwarf whitespotted filefish, but I wouldn't do much more than that.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine an established flameback angel in a biocube will potentially act aggressive to new fish.

You probably want to add fish that hang out away from your current fish.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back