Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have 1 fish. I wanted to get 1 maybe 2 more. Like a Molly Miller Blenny and/or a Link's Goby .

This is my current fish it is a Court Jester Goby. I named him Spot.
IMG_20230519_134254139_HDR.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Randomstylez

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank, and like all things reefing... it depends. What kind of fish would you like, where in the water column will they be? Do you have enough rock or another way to remove ammonia and nitrite ? Is there enough space for them to hide? Other various questions

I currently have 5 fish in my fluval, 2 clowns, a midas blenny, a pearl china wrasse, and a mandarin goby. Which is honestly pushing it... But they also occupy different areas of the tank and only crowd each other when I add food. My clowns stay below the overflow, the blenny stays under the return pump in a cave, the wrasse is everywhere, and the goby takes the left half of the tank to himself.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dave1993

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank, and like all things reefing... it depends. What kind of fish would you like, where in the water column will they be? Do you have enough rock or another way to remove ammonia and nitrite ? Is there enough space for them to hide? Other various questions

I currently have 5 fish in my fluval, 2 clowns, a midas blenny, a pearl china wrasse, and a mandarin goby. Which is honestly pushing it... But they also occupy different areas of the tank and only crowd each other when I add food. My clowns stay below the overflow, the blenny stays under the return pump in a cave, the wrasse is everywhere, and the goby takes the left half of the tank to himself.
how long have u had the mandarin do you have to constantly dose pods?

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish, clown goby, tailspot blenny, neon goby, trimma/eviota gobies, or shrimpgoby + pistol shrimp all make good options.
I would say a combo of 3 of your fish + the above would work.
I personally wouldn’t keep a clown anywhere near a 13.5 (mine wasn’t really a fan of tankmates).

Narideth

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was also wanting to ask about the mandarin! How's it doing? I'd nixed a mandarin as even possible in my evo without huge pod dumps.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish, clown goby, tailspot blenny, neon goby, trimma/eviota gobies, or shrimpgoby + pistol shrimp all make good options.
I would say a combo of 3 of your fish + the above would work.
I personally wouldn’t keep a clown anywhere near a 13.5 (mine wasn’t really a fan of tankmates).
I'm doing more crabs in this tank. I have a ruby matrix. I'm getting a pom pom crab, and a pitho crab will be here on Wednesday. I was looking at the Molly Miller Blenny, and the Link's goby because they are utilitarian. Heck even my little Spot(Court Jester goby) is constantly picking at algae on the rocks and sand.

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also wanting to ask about the mandarin! How's it doing? I'd nixed a mandarin as even possible in my evo without huge pod dumps.
BIOTA group, has mandarin goby that is tank raised on pellet food. I have links to their page on my original post. My Court Jester Goby came from them and he seems very active and happy.

Nutramar Foods

Randomstylez

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long have u had the mandarin do you have to constantly dose pods?
I dose pods but more so as a supplement. I got the mandarin from Petco and I made sure it ate mysis before getting it. I've had it since November, so roughly 7 months. It was a tiny little thing when I got it, and its still small but probably doubled in size.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back