Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 5 baby fish in a 100 gallon tank. Tank size will increase as necessitated by the fish, fyi.

first fish was a panther grouper. He’s cool. Happy guy all the time. Next came the Niger trigger. Also cool. Just swims not stop…and eats. Next was a s&s puffer. He’s a little shy but seems happy enough.

then 4 days ago got a powder brown tang.

he hasn’t eaten yet. No my sis. No algae sheets. No silversides. No shrimp soaked in selcon.
He just kind of twitches a bit and hides. If I try it get near the tank to feed him. Hides.
He tried to hang out with the tiger fish and they just aren’t interested.
Also, as an aside, fish are all in copper right now @2.15 so parasites shouldn’t be a problem.
Any advice? Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

kappajoe

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added a whitetail tang this Tuesday and he is acting similar. He does eat selcon soaked mysis which is nice to see. But is hiding most of the time and he is 4x larger than any other fish currently in the tank. Be curious to see what other people have experienced.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I have 5 baby fish in a 100 gallon tank. Tank size will increase as necessitated by the fish, fyi.

first fish was a panther grouper. He’s cool. Happy guy all the time. Next came the Niger trigger. Also cool. Just swims not stop…and eats. Next was a s&s puffer. He’s a little shy but seems happy enough.

then 4 days ago got a powder brown tang.

he hasn’t eaten yet. No my sis. No algae sheets. No silversides. No shrimp soaked in selcon.
He just kind of twitches a bit and hides. If I try it get near the tank to feed him. Hides.
He tried to hang out with the tiger fish and they just aren’t interested.
Also, as an aside, fish are all in copper right now @2.15 so parasites shouldn’t be a problem.
Any advice? Thanks!
The three fish you had first are the very fish I would have added last. The tangs are likely intimidated and scared. the Panther will easily get to a foot long and puffer may be a tail nipper and very hyper for their liking. I would pull them and quarantine them to get them relaxed and eating and they should have been QT anyway as both are susceptible to velvet - Mainly Powder brown.
Copper- Bring to at least 2.25. How are you monitoring copper level and how long have other fish been in copper?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Subliminal

Subliminal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in coppper for about a week and a half. Following humble fish plan with copper power and a Hanna monitor.
The tang is about 2x the size of the tiger fish and quite honestly the other fish are always peaceful. The tang really seems to make them nervous. They’re all hanging
It’s together in a hollow rock in the corner and the tent is twitching his was around the tank.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back