How long do you wait to find the missing fish?

BRS

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In short, I added two clowns, a lawnmower blenny and a clown goby to my tank. The clown goby has not been seen since. My scape isn't hard to move, but I'm not a fan of going in my tank more than I need to. How long do you wait?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak to clown gobies, but I recently added a Diamond Watchman and it took a solid two days before I saw it. Then it was only occasionally for another several days. Look for the telltale changes in your sand such as voids or hills of sand covering rock as “proof of life”

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak to clown gobies, but I recently added a Diamond Watchman and it took a solid two days before I saw it. Then it was only occasionally for another several days. Look for the telltale changes in your sand such as voids or hills of sand covering rock as “proof of life”
I'm watching for ammonia for proof of death :frowning-face:

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching for ammonia for proof of death :frowning-face:
Depending how large your tank is, how mature and the size of your cuc, you may not have an ammonia spike. I never have when a fish passed. Especially one the size of a clown goby.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is relatively new. I don't have a cuc, because I left my lights off for the entirety of the cycle and there is not yet anything to clean. Except possibly this fish. Otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned.

mjw011689

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In short, I added two clowns, a lawnmower blenny and a clown goby to my tank. The clown goby has not been seen since. My scape isn't hard to move, but I'm not a fan of going in my tank more than I need to. How long do you wait?
I have 2 clown gobies in a small 5 gallon tank with one large rock… didn’t see either for about a week, that’s how well they can hide in the rock. I’m assuming your tank is bigger than a 5 gallon, at which point a clown goby isn’t likely to be catastrophic if it were dead and not removed. Like someone above said, your cleanup crew should have taken care of something that small if he is dead. If you have one, I’d check the sump area first before I messed with moving any rock. If he’s not there or around the tank, I’d assume he’s still hiding or a goner.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back