Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As usual my tank has gotten diatoms. I've heard people say 2 days (3 people I know) and some say weeks. That got me wondering how long did your diatom phase last? Might add some phosguard i have just to polish the water and lower phosphate and silicate

20221115_210217.jpg 20221115_210219.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Matt Bravo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I’m fairly new so please do take what I say with a grain of salt and not solely rely on it)
I have a young tank at 2.5 months old that got diatoms 5 weeks in. I got a CUC pretty soon a day or 2 after diatoms were visibly spreading to my rockwork. They aren’t really gone I still have some on my rocks but I think I can thank my conch for keeping my sand bed nice and clean . I really did only have them on my sand bed for about a week but as I said they are not fully gone yet but I wish you luck on getting out of the uglies phase as soon as possible!

SilvermistInc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had one actually. I started off on day one with rinsed dry products. Combine that with a diamond goby and a ton of snails, and diatoms were never a thing for me. But oh man. That bryopsis hit HARD. It still hits hard in fact. I can never seem to rid myself of it.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had one actually. I started off on day one with rinsed dry products. Combine that with a diamond goby and a ton of snails, and diatoms were never a thing for me. But oh man. That bryopsis hit HARD. It still hits hard in fact. I can never seem to rid myself of it.
Really? I've never heard of that. My first tanks diatom stage i completely forgot about. I really only had green stain like algae

Top Shelf Aquatics

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine bloomed massively, stuck around heavy for 3 days, started dissipating day 4 and 5 and now there is only a little spot on 2 corners of the sand the last few days (7 -14).
I dosed tisbe pods 3 weeks before my bloom and was dosing phyto.

It was a massive bloom, it was thick on everything

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back