Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest getting a par meter. Different corals will want different par levels. On average I’d say people mount their lights at least 14-16” above the water line. Lots of different things will affect par levels. Can you adjust the intensity levels with these lights? A park meter can be as cheap as 150$ which is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of corals. I believe you can even rent one from BRS.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest getting a par meter. Different corals will want different par levels. On average I’d say people mount their lights at least 14-16” above the water line. Lots of different things will affect par levels. Can you adjust the intensity levels with these lights? A park meter can be as cheap as 150$ which is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of corals. I believe you can even rent one from BRS.
How is 150 cheap?

Upvote 0

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually aim for about 9" or 10" above water level with your average mounting arms. Pretty sure that's the range that's recommended for radion lights. Max length of included mounting arm is 12 inches in length. You will want an idea at least of your par. What I've done in the past is use a lux meter app on my phone and divide that number by 60. It's a rough estimate but better than nothing. For any sps you would need something more exact tho.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back