Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting reading some old comments from 10 years ago About this topic and seeing how much has changed since then. I still don't recommend for any person to just start throwing corals in hydrogen peroxide but I think there is some benefits and advantages.
I have always been the bad guy that tells people to use H2O2 and gets condemned for even suggesting it.

No it was 100% 100% Hydrogen peroxide :) Of course 3% lol but what I meant is I did not use any other liquid with it
I knew what you meant, just clarifying for everyone. 37% is readily available and I would hate to see someone do something silly.

Nutramar Foods

Tavero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting reading some old comments from 10 years ago About this topic and seeing how much has changed since then. I still don't recommend for any person to just start throwing corals in hydrogen peroxide but I think there is some benefits and advantages.
A lot has changed but one thing ist still the same after 10 years of peroxide dipping: the average reefer still thinks 3% peroxide is 100% and can't figure out the percentages after dilution even if his life depended in it.

Btw every zoa frag i had dippped in peroxide came out worse than before. I wouldn't dip whole corals anymore.

Parsely

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a zoa frag plug that came with some unwanted xenia. The xenia is completely intermingled with the zoa heads and i cant get rid of it just trying to pluck out with tweezers.

Now the xenia is start to overtake the zoas. Someone recommended i do an h2o2 bath right after attempting to remove the xenia with tweezers or scissors. Do you guys think that will work?

snake61047

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a zoa frag plug that came with some unwanted xenia. The xenia is completely intermingled with the zoa heads and i cant get rid of it just trying to pluck out with tweezers.

Now the xenia is start to overtake the zoas. Someone recommended i do an h2o2 bath right after attempting to remove the xenia with tweezers or scissors. Do you guys think that will work?
Try it. Let us know

Parsely

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it. Let us know
Tried the h2o2 bath, didn’t work to get the Xenia off. Attempting to remove them with tweezers also seemed futile.

I basically just gave up and put the plug on its own in the sand for now so the Xenia won’t spread over the rocks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Parsely

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix some kalkawasser with water and make a thick paste, pull the frag and put the kalk paste anywhere you want to remove tissue. Let it sit a few minutes then rinse well and return to the tank.
The problem is there is Xenia completely intermingled inbetween all the zoa heads that I would like to keep. Unless there is a way to target only the Xenia and leave the zoas unharmed I think I am just stuck

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Biota Marine Life
Back