How do you deal with aiptasia in your overflow/AIO

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some aiptasia has made it into my AIO chambers, which is tricky to remove. Has me thinking about my upgrade and what happens when aiptasia gets into the overflow and maybe into the drain pipes. Does anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? I'm hoping to be able to deal with Aips in the DT (copperband) and peppermints in the sump refugium, but the overflow/drain area seems like an inaccessible area, and I can't imagine regularly flushing the plumbing with something that kills Aips quickly (bleach?).

Thanks!

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm imagining. If the peps get the sump and the cb get the DT, I suppose no problem.
I don't even worry about the sump. I keep peppermints in one tank and CBB in another and never see one in the DT. My third tank is so ugly even aiptasia don't want to live there lol.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a filefish in the display that regularly wanders upto the overflow teeth staring at the Aiptasia in the overflow. He made it in there once and wouldn't come out for a week, munching away. I ignore mine, but limit any light getting in there.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some aiptasia has made it into my AIO chambers, which is tricky to remove. Has me thinking about my upgrade and what happens when aiptasia gets into the overflow and maybe into the drain pipes. Does anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? I'm hoping to be able to deal with Aips in the DT (copperband) and peppermints in the sump refugium, but the overflow/drain area seems like an inaccessible area, and I can't imagine regularly flushing the plumbing with something that kills Aips quickly (bleach?).

Thanks!
Nuke the entire tank. Time to start over. Sorry my friend. And ask Marco I’m the boss so my word is law.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back