How do I do transactions on the Marketplace without breaking the rules?

BRS

W0terMoist

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From how it is worded I think PayPal and Venmo are allowed. If by doing a sale through one if those options is that considered a "gift" which is not allowed? I see that PayPal has a business account that I can create.

What are some methods other than paying in cash that a first time seller should consider? I have read that sometimes a buyer can try to bamboozle you and you do not get your payment through online apps.

Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
W

W0terMoist

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paypal and venmo is allowed. You just receive payment as goods, and services. The app takes a small percentage.
Do I send the request of payment to the buyer or do I have the buyer send me the money without me sending a request? Should I always be the one to initiate the sale to prevent the potential of it being a "gift" or does it even matter who initiates the transaction?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I send the request of payment to the buyer or do I have the buyer send me the money without me sending a request? Should I always be the one to initiate the sale to prevent the potential of it being a "gift" or does it even matter who initiates the transaction?

You don't need to send a request, you can just give then your paypal email. When they send you money they simply check "goods and services" instead of "friends and family"

AS
OP
OP
W

W0terMoist

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way works. I've sent people money, and I have had people send me invoices.

I have always found it easier for the buyer to send the money.
Thank you for the help.

For your fish question. I am not entirely sure. I haven't tried mixing wrasse species. I have been told that some are more peaceful while others will love to attack other wrasses. I have a black leopard that is very docile. If I were to get another wrasse then I would go with same species or another wrasse that is also more on the peaceful side.

I do not have experience with yellow tails (just did a Google search and it says that they can do some chasing of other fish). I would also assume that tank size would be another contributing factor on what wrasses to mix together. I have a 45 gal so, for instance, putting two angles in the tank would end in one killing the other (but if it was a very large tank then it should work out). Also its like how you are not supposed to put another lined wrasse with a 6 lined wrasse due to aggression, but if the tank is large enouhh you can do it.

If all the wrasses you have are known to be on the less aggressive side of things and your tank is large enough, then I would give it a solid... maybe.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back