How did everyone with the storms in florida make out with their tanks

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I’m sad to inform you guys that my tank crashed from the storm and I lost all but three fish from it I evacuated so I couldn’t be there when everything happened because I basically live on the beach and my house got flooded. My purple tang hippo tang and cleaner goby were the only fish to make it and they were almost dead when I got home finally. I was able to hook up the tank to the generator to get it running again and it saved them.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would work on setting up a large plastic container to take them with you next time. They would stand a better chance of surviving. You can take rock and corals with you also. Cheap Jaboe sow 4 wavemaker, hang on the back filter, and air pump with air stone. Harbor freight sells inverters that can power these up in your vehicle. the 400 watt should work. Tractor supply has a lot of water tanks for farm animals, this could be the tank needed. A lid will have to be fabricated, and it needs to be robust to contain slosh when driving. This is what I would do if evacuating was a common thing to protect my watery pets.

OP
OP
Jwise

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would work on setting up a large plastic container to take them with you next time. They would stand a better chance of surviving. You can take rock and corals with you also. Cheap Jaboe sow 4 wavemaker, hang on the back filter, and air pump with air stone. Harbor freight sells inverters that can power these up in your vehicle. the 400 watt should work. Tractor supply has a lot of water tanks for farm animals, this could be the tank needed. A lid will have to be fabricated, and it needs to be robust to contain slosh when driving. This is what I would do if evacuating was a common thing to protect my watery pets.
thanks for the good ideas I will definitely have to look into those as soon as I can

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back