+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
H Is anyone using a chiller fan that points a the surface water to lower water temp . And does it work and how much does it reduce your tank temperature. Iam running a native tank and it runs at 20 but I need it to be at least 15 or under . I know a chiller would do it but the price of them is not cheap. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thank you

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
H Is anyone using a chiller fan that points a the surface water to lower water temp . And does it work and how much does it reduce your tank temperature. Iam running a native tank and it runs at 20 but I need it to be at least 15 or under . I know a chiller would do it but the price of them is not cheap. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thank you
You’ll struggle, just with a fan. When it gets really warm like last year and the fan has little/no effect I resort to air conditioning the room, and that just about kept the tank at normal reef temperatures. 15C would be a bigger battle.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Nman

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can shave a couple of degrees F with a fan maybe 2 or three. It takes a long while to do and evaporation is nuts when it runs.
You’ll struggle, just with a fan. When it gets really warm like last year and the fan has little/no effect I resort to air conditioning the room, and that just about kept the tank at normal reef temperatures. 15C would be a bigger battle.
So it looks like I am not getting away from a chiller money

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back